Classes are billed in 12-week sessions. You may choose to pay per 12-week session, monthly or for the full year. Every Synergy Dancer is REQUIRED to have a valid credit card on file. Late payment due to expired or declined payment will incur a $20 late fee per month until payment is received.
No refunds for classes paid in full for the year FOR ANY REASON (this includes medical).
There are discounts available for multi-class and multi-student registration, as well as a 6% discount for all families who pay for the full year by October 1. See discounts under Classes for more information. You may choose your payment option when you register online through the Parent Portal.
If a class is cancelled by a teacher or the studio the class will be rescheduled if possible. If the class is not able to be rescheduled the missed class can be made up, by the student, by attending another, same style, class. There are no refunds for cancelled classes. If a student misses a group class, it may be possible to make it up by attending another, same style, class. There are no guarantees that the same level class will be available for the make up.
Synergy follows the Middleton School district SNOW DAYS. If Middleton closes due to weather, we close. We do NOT follow their holiday closings. For example, Martin Luther King Day, Middleton is closed but Synergy is open, etc.
If a private, duet, or trio class is missed by the student(s) it will not be re-scheduled.
Private classes must be used for the dancer(s) who originally signed up for the class and may not be transferred to siblings or other dancers.
Please visit http://www.discountdance.com/ to see the items our teachers recommend for our students:
- Go to “Students”
- Click “Find my dress code” in the drop down menu
- Search “Synergy” or use our code TP67442 and voila! You have all of our suggestions for your dancer.
For local stores visit “Rosy Cheeks”, “La Boutique” and “Virginia Davis Dancewear.”
No loose fitting clothing, no dangling jewelry, no inappropriate or offensive writing or graphics on any clothing. If a student does not have the proper clothing he or she may be asked to sit out of class. There are no refunds or make up for these classes.
|Girls||Black leotard, pink tights, ballet shoes, any color dance skirt.|
|Boys:||Black T-shirt, black dance pants, tights or sweatpants, black ballet shoes.|
Ballet and Pointe
|Girls:||Any color leotard, pink tights, ballet shoes, any color dance skirt.|
|Boys:||Any color T-shirt and black dance pants or sweatpants, black ballet shoes.|
Tap and Jazz
|Girls:||Any color leotard or tight fitting top, shorts, jazz pants, tan jazz shoes, tan tap shoes, tan or pink tights.|
|Boys:||Any color T-shirt and black dance pants or sweatpants, black tap and jazz shoes.|
|Girls:||Any color leotard, tight or loose fitting top, dance shorts, jazz pants, sweatpants, soft soled sneakers.|
|Boys:||Any color T-shirt and black dance pants or sweatpants, soft soled sneakers.|
Contemporary and Lyrical
|Girls:||Any color leotard or tight fitting top, dance shorts, footless tights.|
|Boys:||Any color T-shirt and black dance pants or sweatpants.|
It’s important for students abide by a dress code policy for the following reasons:
- A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for students, teacher, and the art of dance.
- Teachers must be able to see the dancer’s body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
- Clothing is not to be a distraction during class, therefore students wearing inappropriate clothing will be asked to change before returning to class.
- NO CELLULAR PHONES ALLOWED! Each room contains a phone holder, the dancers can place phone in slot for safe keeping,
- All students are encouraged not to leave the room once class has begun. Please allow for appropriate restroom use prior to class. Very young children will be treated sensitively as the need arises. Preschool children may need a parent’s attention from time to time for various reasons including bathroom or behavior issues. Please do not leave the waiting room when very young children are in class without informing the office or having another parent responsible during your absence. We make every effort to have all children feel safe and cared for in a loving and inspiring learning environment.
- School age children and teens: please practice respect. Students are not to be socializing in a disruptive manner during the class with other students. Please come early or stay late to enjoy friends in the waiting area. Please honor your teacher and fellow students by giving full attention and co-operation. You will be advised if we feel any student is not well adjusted to the classroom environment for any reason over time.
- During class if a student complains of being ill, or sustains an injury and cannot participate, the instructor will send them to the office were the parents will be notified if not on the premises.
- Only students with a pre-existing sickness/injury are allowed to observe class. The parents must notify the office if a student is to observe class.
Dance class is educational and fun, however, an important part of class work is developing an attitude of discipline and respect for teachers and fellow students. We trust that following our classroom etiquette will provide an environment whereby classes at SYNERGY DANCE ACADEMY will be a pleasure for all concerned.